Vršič, 1611 m, is the most beautiful road pass in Julian Alps. Biking over it is one of the most prestigeous tours in the area. This tour proposes to ride from Jesenice to Most na Soši, from where you can return by train.
One of the most beautiful biking tours in Slovenian mountains. The scenery over Vršič pass is wonderful. From Kranjska Gora to the pass the ascent is steep and difficult, then it goes mostly down. In the valley of Trenta/Soča there are many wonderful places to visit. So, consider spending for this tour two days, even if you would be able to do it in one day!
Here is the list of top sights and places worth of visiting. You may not be able to visit them all, so consider returning! And, as said, consider sleeping in the upper valley of Soča, so, spending for the tour 2 days.
- Mojstrana. Mountain museum of Slovenia Mountaineering Organisation.
- Martuljek. Stupenduous view on Špik mountain and its neighbours.
- Kranjska Gora. Lively tourist resort, Jasna lake.
- Russian church. memorial church to Russian soldiers, just near the road on Vršič pass.
- Vršič pass. Excellent views all around. Very panoramic road on both sides.
- Julius Kugy monument. Just by the main road, before reaching down to Soča river.
- Mlinarica gorge. Some 20 min walk into the wonderful gorge below Kugy's monument.
- Alpinetum Juliana, Pri cerkvi (By the church) hamlet. Botanic garden and legendary hamlet.
- Na Logu. Šoča river exhibition.
- Soča village. World War I cemetery, further down the road wonderful gorges of Soča.
- Ravelnik. Open air museum (World War I posts), big cemetery.
- Bovec. Lively tourist resort.
- Boka waterfall. The strongest waterfall in Slovenia, more than 100 m high.
- Soča ponds. On many places you can descend down to the river. Otona pond is very nice.
- Napoleon bridge near Kobarid. The view on Soča again.
- Most na Soči. Nice lake and town.