Hiking in Skåne, Sweden
On Skåneleden in Stenshuvud National Park
Coffee break by Lake Immeln
Hiking on the Kullaberg peninsula
Bridge over a brook
On the Kullaleden
Hiking in Skåne
Scandinavian wilderness in a compact format: You will experience this on a hike through Skåne. The 1250 km long Skåneleden hiking trail network is equally popular with long-distance hikers and day-trippers. Divided into five sections, it connects the fine sandy beaches of Österlen with the rugged cliffs of Kullaberg, the fishing villages on the Baltic Sea and the inland ridges of Hallandsåsen and Söderåsen.
The best walking routes in Skåne
Hiking on the Skåneleden
Skåneleden – a long-distance hiking trail divided into five sections with a total of 89 stages – leads across sandy Baltic dunes, through shady deciduous forests and through romantic lake landscapes. The trail is maked by continuous orange markings and signs.
- The Kust till Kustleden leads for 283 km from Sölvesborg on the east coast to Ängelholm on the west coast, crossing extensive moorlands and extensive dark forests in the sparsely populated north of Skåne.
- The Nord till Sydleden runs from Hårsjö in the north to Trelleborg in the south of Skåne.
- The Ås till Åsleden runs between Åstorp and Brösarp over Hallandsåsen and through the impressive landscape of Söderåsen National Park.
- The Österlenleden offers a round tour through the heart of the south-eastern of Skånes. Picturesque fishing villages, miles of white beaches and lush beech forests await you.
- The strait between Denmark and Sweden, which separates the Kattegat from the Baltic Sea, is called Öresund. Along the Swedish shore the Öresundsleden leads from Utvälinge in the north to Falsterbokanalen in the south.
Wherever you go – whether in more densely populated areas or in the wilderness – in Skåne you are never far from civilization. It is also significant that there is no place in Skåne from which you cannot reach Skåneleden within a 30-minute drive.
Small villages with cosy B&Bs and cafés welcome hikers - an alternative to staying overnight is the shelters along the way.
Discover the beautiful national parks in Skåne
- Provinz Schonen 690 walking routes