Rodelspaß in den Alpen
- 1,445 sledding runs
- 5,880 Community members
- 2,312 Tracks
- 7,255 km of trails
Explore Top Features
- Orientation: Plan, save, print and navigate routes for over 30 different activities
- Participation: Rate and review routes and accommodation
- Saving: Download the route's GPX data for use with our navigation system
- Up-to-date information about the condition of tracks, as well as current hazards and closures
- Up-to-date avalanche reports with warning levels
Top regions not to miss
Classic wooden sledge, bob or luge?
Where can you go sledding?
In principle, you can toboggan on all snow-covered hills or mountains. Some you can walk up on foot, others you can take the cable car up.
In many ski areas there are specially prepared toboggan runs. These are clearly marked and strictly separated from ski slopes. These toboggan runs may only be used after prior approval by the operator. Most of the ski areas also offer sledge rental, some of the runs are floodlit at night.
- warm and waterproof footwear with a good profile
- warm and waterproof clothes and gloves; you might want to take another set of clothes with you if the ascent is strenuous and you expect to sweat a lot.
- helmet; especially kids should always wear one.
- ski goggles
- headlamp for night sledding
- sun protection
Traffic rules for sledge drivers
- Both on the ascent and the descent, keep to the right side. If you are with a group, always run and ride one after the other. This way you can avoid dangerous situations with oncoming sledgers.
- Always ride carefully and stay ready to brake - especially if you do not know the course of the track.
- Never stop in a confusing place.
- Cross icy places, slopes and roads with utmost caution.
- Memorize difficult parts of the toboggan run (e.g. sharp turns and obstacles).
- Never lie head first on your sled. Braking is hardly possible in this position.
Benefits and more
Benefit from Exclusive Offers from our Partners
As a Pro and Pro+ member not only do you have access to additional features and the best maps at your disposal, but you can also benefit from exclusive offers from our partners, ensuring you are always fully equipped for the outdoors!