But now we are really off! Up the stairs and into the chestnut forest, along the hiking trail that runs through it, you reach a little above the village of Orselina. A little further on, already in the direction of Brione s/Minusio, the route crosses Riale Rabissale and, always at about the same altitude, reaches the Cappella Rotta, an unfinished 15th century construction located above Brione s/Minusio.
Cross the picturesque Roman bridge over the Navegna stream and down to Contra, from where the bus returns to Orselina or Locarno. If you want to extend your tour, you can continue on foot down to Tenero and walk along a wonderful path along the lake back to Locarno (approx. 1.15h). A hike that is easy to follow throughout, ideal for winter, to spend the splendid sunny days in nature and enjoy the wonderful views over the lake and the surrounding mountains.
Book recommendation by the author
Book recommendations for this region:
- Hiking daypack (approx. 20 liters) with rain cover
- Comfortable and waterpoof winter shoes or sturdy hiking boots
- Warm and waterpoof clothing in multiple layers
- Hat/headband, scarf, gloves
- Sun and rain protection
- Snacks and drinking water
- Thermos flask with a hot drink
- First aid kit
- Mobile phone, headlight if necessary
- Telescope sticks if necessary