CermiSkyline passes through wild and unexpected panoramas to the top of the Castel di Bombasel.
The more demanding passages of the section called Vertigo can be circumvented with easier variations and make it a route suitable also for sporty and equipped families.
The excursion to the Bombasel Lakes leading to the start of the ferrata is a classic destination for fans of Alpe Cermis.
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom the highway exit Ora/Egna/Termeno you can reach Cavalese in half an hour (25 km).
Cavalese is 14 km far from Predazzo and 3 km far from Tesero.
ParkingThere are several large parking spaces at the lifts, both in Cavalese and at the middle station "Fondovalle"
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHiking shoes, rain-jacket, hiking poles, water, sun cream, via ferrata set, helmet.
Basic Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Via ferrata set
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- Via ferrata or hard-wearing safety gloves
- Positioning lanyard / personal anchor system with screwgate carabiners for resting
- Via ferrata belay kit if required (when accompanying beginners and / or children)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.