Very nice round trip above Russbach. Always in view of the Dachstein Glacier.
Distance 4.2 km
On a snowshoe tour you really get to know Russbach. Far away from civilisation you will hike past secluded farms, frozen streams and through snowy forests. A snowshoe tour is the best way to enjoy the unspoiled nature of Russbach. The more demanding the tour, the more important it is to know the area well and to know the proper way to deal with alpine nature.
A visit to the Museum "Fossilienkabinett" at the parish hall is very rewarding.
Update: January 24, 2018
Tips and hints
Getting thereComing from the A10 motorway, take the exit Golling direction Abtenau and Russbach. From Bad Ischl you drive via Bad Goisern and Gosau to Russbach.
ParkingYou will find enough parking area in the center of Russbach or at the parking area „Rinnbach“
33T 384742 5272195
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentIf there is a lot of snow this natural way can only be done with snowshoes.
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view