Safety informationMountain sports and the assessment of the situation on site are - even more so in winter - primarily subject to personal responsibility. Tourism associations or avalanche warning services do not assume any liability based on the information provided.
- Check the weather and avalanche situation at www.lawine-steiermark.at before each ski tour.
- The use of the tour description is at your own risk and responsibility.
- Do not go on a ski tour alone. It's more fun together anyway!
- Always behave risk-conscious and react to danger signs!
- Respect existing regulations, such as hunting and game protection areas, reforestation or young growth areas.
- You should always have your cell phone well charged. Do you have the emergency numbers saved? Mountain rescue: 140. If you have no reception, take out the sim card and dial 112.
Tips and hintsTourismusinformation: www.grimming-donnersbachtal.at
In the sports stores you can get everything for your winter adventure - including advice, of course. By the way, you can also rent equipment for winter sports:
At Riesneralm, Planneralm and in Wörschach
+43 (0)3682 22383
At Planneralm and in Irdning
+43 (0)3682 22952 0
Getting thereLeave the Ennstal federal road (B320) in Wörschach. In the village, turn off in the direction of Wörschachberg and drive up to the Oberkogler Alm.
ParkingFree parking at the Oberkogler Alm.
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
- In addition to food and warm drinks, pack spare clothing and a first aid kit in your backpack.
- Choose your clothing according to the onion layer system.
- An avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel are a prerequisite in alpine terrain.
- You should also pack maps and/or tour descriptions. GPX tracks on your cell phone or GPS device will also help.
- Ski touring and safety equipment can be rented at Sport Scherz and Sport Schöttl.