An enjoyable and easy ski tour with enough time to enjoy the breathtaking view and the pure mountain air.
The path leads from the first left bend of the Bergmattenstrasse over the Simnegrabe. From there it goes uphill to Alp Wildeneggli and further over the ridge to the summit at 1942 m.a.s.l. The descent leads southwest through a forest aisle to the point "Lägerli" and then along the road back to Saanenmöser.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
32T 370336 5153086
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- Ski touring equipment: touring ski-boots, touring skis with touring bindings, ski poles, skins, ski crampons
- Climbing harness
- Avalanche transeiver
- Backpack, shovel, probe
- Warm weatherproof clothing
- Warm gloves and warm hat
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Warm drinks
- Snack (high energy foods such as chocolate, dried fruit etc.)
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.