Route from Dublin to the River Shannon along the Royal Canal route.
Distance 147.6 km
Running route along the Royal canal. The overall distance is approximately 148kM and runs from Spencer Dock in Dublin at the River Liffey to Richmond harbour in Cloondara in the midlands where the canal meets the River Shannon. The profile of the run will be fairly level overall and the surface is generally paths and grassy tracks.
29U 683655 5914492
Basic Equipment for Jogging
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Blister kit
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view