The Beaujolais - Beaujolais hillsides - Loop 5.2
Rhône Tourisme Verified partner Explorers Choice
This 59 km route takes up part
of the 5.1 route.
This circuit is longer, with a significant difference in altitude and a climb (Durbize pass). It is suitable for cyclists who ride regularly. The climbs of Chiroubles, then Juliénas will serve as a warm-up to the Durbize pass with passages at 10%.
Facing the Saône valley, the vineyards on the hillsides cover the mountains whose summits reach 1,000 metres. In the north of the appellation, the slopes and the altitude impose an often manual harvest. The vineyard grabs the ground up to 500 meters of altitude and occupies the slope which can exceed 30 %, as it is the case on Chiroubles. On this winding relief, the silhouettes of châteaux, generally wine estates, appear in the middle of wooded parks. The Beaujolais counts more than 150 of them.
Track typesShow elevation profile
Rest stopsAuberge La Vigneronne
Fleurie Tourist centre
Fleurie tourist office store
Auberge du Cep restaurant
Café Restaurant La Bascule
Les Platanes de Chénas
Le Coq à Juliénas
La Fontaine Arts & Vins
Auberge du Col du Truges
Cyclists are subject to the highway code, and must respect it (pedestrian crossings, traffic lights, ...). The road does not belong to cyclists any more than to motorists. In particular, the highway code prohibits cyclists from riding on the road when a car is overtaking.
Cyclists are not allowed to ride on the road.
Tips and hintsAPIDAE tourism data updated on 02/04/2022 by "Rhône Tourisme".
Spotted an error? Write to the owner with the following information:
File name: Le Beaujolais - Les coteaux du Beaujolais - Boucle 5.2 | Record identifier: 5800195 | URL (link) for this Outdooractive page.
By road50 min from Lyon via the A6.
ParkingParking near the starting point
Author’s map recommendations
To enjoy your hike safely, here are our tips:
- Check the condition of your bike before setting off (brakes, transmission, tightening of screws,...) and of the battery for EVs<Wear a helmet, and keep it on when riding
- Wear appropriate clothing for the activity and the weather
- Wear a helmet, and keep it on when riding
- Go with water and food
- Be equipped with a repair kit (tools, air chamber, pump...)
- Do not overdo it <Do not overestimate your skills.
- Study the route before setting off
- Take someone close to the loop you have planned
- Carry the number of a contact person in case of an accident
- 39 Waypoints
- 39 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others