Three passes are on the menu, the Col St Martin - la Colmiane (1503 m), placed after a long warm-up of 50 km in the valley, the mythical Col de Turini (1,607 m) and the Col d'Eze (507m), positioned at the very end of the route.
The return to Nice via the descent of the Moyenne Corniche will put an end to this day, "a real personal exploit", which will have taken you on the road to the great champions.
Nice is served by the A8 motorway "La Provençale", coming from Aix-en-Provence in the west and the border in the east.To reach the city centre, five exits have been set up to go directly to the district of your choice:
- Exit n°50: Promenade des Anglais
- Exit n°51 : Saint-Augustin / aéroport
- Exit n°52 : Saint-Isidore
- Exit n°54 : Nice nord
- Exit n°55: Nice Est
Parking close to the starting point. Some parking may be subject to a charge.
Before you leave:
- Make sure that the bike is in perfect mechanical condition, not to mention the tires and brakes
- Make sure that the bike is correctly adjusted to your body shape
- Wearing a helmet is strongly recommended
- Take a repair kit with you
- Remember that the Highway Traffic Act applies to cyclists in all circumstances
- Never drive more than two lanes at a time and pull into a single lane when traffic conditions require.
- Respect other users as you would like them to respect you
- Choose a route adapted to your physical abilities
- Inform your family and friends of your itinerary
- Find out about the weather conditions
- A first aid kit is not essential, but can be very useful
- Be informed and keep the emergency numbers.
- Respect the environment by not throwing your food packaging on the side of the road
- If you have to return at nightfall, make sure you see and also be seen