You can gaze on the scenery, reflect on the mysteries of life or meditate with the help of the Pearls of Life. The first part (marked red) is a 500 meter, easy-to-walk path, surrounding the church and the S:t Andreas’ vicarage. The second part (marked blue) is a bit more demanding to walk. Together with the first part it extends to about 1,5 km, all the way from the church to Vitteludd and back. You are welcome to walk and enjoy the nature.
The first Christians called themselves “those who follow the Way”. Walking is an easy way to practice the Christian faith. Pilgrimage is common and loved by many. This path is a short walk to make space for the Holy. If you walk in silence you may listen to your inner self and give God an opportunity to talk to you.
Please consider both the delicate nature and fellow hikers. Please follow the marked path.
ParkingFree parking at the church and boat museum.
Basic Equipment for Pilgrim Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Religious objects and material as required
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Pilgrim ID card
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.