A pilgrimage with many different impressions. Time for reflection and peace, magnificent views, challenging climbs and beautiful forest and meadow paths can be experienced on this stage of the Moselcamino between Bullay and Traben-Trarbach.
Distance 22.7 km
It is a demanding but rewarding tour. Spread over the route, three crisp climbs must be mastered. You are rewarded with views from the Marienburg, Bummkopf, Starkenburg and the ruins of Grevenburg. Pilgrims will find the necessary peace and quiet to let their thoughts run free and be inspired by nature.
There are many vantage points along the way, but there are also plenty of places to stop for refreshments in Zell, Enkirch and Traben-Trarbach.
Pilgrims have the possibility to stay overnight in the pilgrims hostel "Old Latin School".
Pilgrim stamps can be obtained at the Traben-Trarbach Tourist Information.
Update: December 14, 2021
Getting therePublic transport Bus or train
ParkingAt the Bullay train station car park
32U 366529 5546294
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentHiking boots are required. Make sure you have enough provisions.
Basic Equipment for Pilgrim Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Religious objects and material as required
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Pilgrim ID card
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view