The tour begins with a steep climb and leads up to the Graacher Schanzen. From there you reach Bernkastel-Kues. From there, the tour takes you along the Moselle in a leisurely manner. Afterwards you have to master a demanding ascent, which is rewarded with a breathtaking view.
For every pilgrim, the pilgrimage church in Klausen is still a real highlight.
Pilgrims' stamps are available at the Traben-Trarbach Tourist Information Centre.
Rest StopRestaurant Hotel Moselsteig
Tips and hintsTourist-Information Traben-Trarbach
Am Bahnhof 5
+49 - (0) 6541-83980
Getting thereby car to Trarbach
Parkingon the car park on the banks of the Moselle Trarbach
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentHiking boots are required. Make sure you have enough provisions.
Basic Equipment for Pilgrim Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Religious objects and material as required
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Pilgrim ID card
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.