FORLI’, in Latin Forum Livii, (also called Forlivio, Furlè (in old Italian) was one of the Roman market towns that dotted the Via Aemilia connecting Piacenza with Rimini. It is the Capital of the Forlì-Cesena Province in the Romagna regional district. Forlì is also the linguistic centre of the distinctive ”Romagnolo” dialect. It was part of Ostrogoth Kingdom, then a part of the Byzantine Empire with Ravenna, until in the 6th century, with the intervention of Pipin the Short, king of the Franks, as a consequence of the “False Donation of Constatine” assigning the district to the patrimony of St Peter and remained such until the unification of Italy in 1861.
More info @ viaromeagermanica.com