A hike dedicated to the Swiss writer Max Frisch that leads through the beautiful landscapes of the Onsernone Valley.
Distance 6.8 km
The Onsernone Valley is the wildest of the valleys on Lake Maggiore. The steep valley seems like something out of a storybook: so idyllic, quiet and simply special. This is why the valley has always had a great attraction for artists. Max Frisch, the Zurich writer and architect, found his new adopted home in the Onsernone Valley - in Berzona, far away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It was there that the story "Man in the Holocene" was written. The 6.6 km long thematic path starts and ends in Loco and follows parts of the hike of the protagonist of the story, Mr. Geiser. Many passages of the story are inspired by these magical places. The first 500 m or so lead along the road before turning into the beautifully hiking trail past Berzona in the direction of Sella.
To visit: The Onsernonese Museum and the Loco Mill, as well as the "Pagliarte" studio in Berzona, where handicrafts are made from straw.
32T 474496 5116534
Book recommendations for this region:
- Hiking daypack (approx. 20 liters) with rain cover
- Comfortable and sturdy footwear
- Adequate and durable outdoor clothing in multiple layers
- Telescope sticks if necessary,
- Sun and rain protection
- Snacks and drinking water
- First aid kit
- Mobile phone, headlight if necessary
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view