This circular route leads through the three picturesque villages of Maikammer, St. Martin and Kirrweiler in the center of the German Wine Route, past almond groves and almond avenues. Beautiful viewpoints can be found along the hike as well as historical sights / monuments.
Distance 28.1 km
At the time of the almond blossom there are also guided walks and hikes on the almond path. You can find more information at www.maikammer.de
Plan a picnic for a stopover at one of the numerous picnic areas.
AuthorBüro für Tourismus Maikammer
Update: December 21, 2021
Rest StopWinzerhof Ernst GbR
Safety informationThis route does not require any special safety precautions.
Tips and hintsBüro für Tourismus, Weinstraße Süd 40, 67487 Maikammer, Tel. 06321-952768, E-mail: email@example.com, www.maikammer.de
Getting thereVia the BAB65 exit Edenkoben-Maikammer; continue on the L516 in the direction of Maikammer and then follow the signs to “Kalmit”. About 300 m after leaving Maikammer-Alsterweiler, the hiking car park is on the left on Kalmithöhenstraße and is the starting point for the round trip.
ParkingMaikammer – Alsterweiler hiking car park; Exit Maikammer on Kalmithöhenstrasse. This is also the starting point for the round trip.
32U 438002 5461777
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentThis path does not require any special equipment.
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view