Hike to the "Wildsaukopf" (Wild Sow's Head)
Zum Wohl. Die Pfalz. Verified partner Explorers Choice
WellenliegenPhoto: Hermann Daniel, CC BY-ND, Zum Wohl. Die Pfalz.
- Always act with foresight, kindness and consideration towards everyone you meet along the way.
- Respect nature, do not destroy plants and always stay on the paths.
- Try to avoid excessive noise and leave the forest before dusk.
- Remember to bring a rubbish bag for the road and take rubbish home with you.
- Please keep your dog on a lead at all times.
- Other visitors and animals will thank you.For your own safety, observe all road closures.
- Park only in designated parking areas.
- Leave space for emergency vehicles and agricultural machinery.
- Please give priority to agricultural and forestry traffic.
Rest stopsPizzeria Venezia
Restaurant Bürgerstube im Gemeinschaftshaus
Gaststätte Sportheim Lambrecht - Pizzahaus
Safety informationIn general:
Especially in autumn, also be aware that leaves lying on the ground can hide bumps, roots, stones or holes in the path. After thunderstorms or rainstorms, trees can still fall over or branches can fall down afterwards. Especially in adverse weather conditions, muddy and slippery passages can occur on natural paths. Not all rocks or precipices are secured with ropes or railings. Surefootedness is required in places. You have to expect this type of path impairment when you undertake a hike. If you are of the opinion that certain sections of the trail are not passable for you, you should avoid them.
We endeavour to announce on this platform any closures that occur due to forestry work or hunting parties. Nevertheless, there are situations where trails are closed and we may not have been informed. If you unexpectedly encounter a trail closure or diversion, please follow the instructions for your own safety.
In the meantime, you can also follow the hiking markings (clockwise) of the themed hiking trail "Aussichten der Tuchmacher".
Public-transport-friendlyTake the S-Bahn to Lambrecht and then follow the hiking markings of the themed hiking trail "Aussichten der Tuchmacher" (Views of the Clothmakers) to the cemetery and the Wildsaukopf (Wild Sow's Head).
By roadComing from Neustadt an der Weinstraße (A65): Exit Neustadt/Weinstr. Nord, then follow the B39 to Lambrecht (Pfalz) - follow the main road - before the pedestrian lights turn left into Schulstraße - follow Schulstraße for approx. 160 m - turn left into Kirchstraße - after approx. 60 m turn slightly left into Marktstraße (towards the cemetery).
Coming from Kaiserslautern (A6): Take the Enkenbach-Alsenborn exit, then follow the signs to Fischbach/Bad Dürkheim. Follow the B48 until the turn-off to Bad Dürkheim. Then continue on the B37 towards Bad Dürkheim / Neustadt a. d. Weinstr., in Frankenstein follow the B39 to Lambrecht (Pfalz) - follow the main road - then turn right in front of the flower shop into Grevenhausenstraße - turn left into Kirchstraße - after approx. 350m turn slightly left into Markstraße. Drive to the cemetery and look for a parking space there.
ParkingParking is available at the cemetery in Lambrecht (Pfalz).
Author’s map recommendations
- Verbandsgemeinde Lambrecht (Pfalz), Sommerbergstr. 3, 67466 Lambrecht (Pfalz), 06325-181110, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.vg-lambrecht.de
- Visitor Information Centre "Flößerei u. Trift", Bahnhofstr. 60, 67471 Elmstein, 06328-234, email@example.com, www.vg-lambrecht.de
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentFor our hiking tours we recommend the following equipment as standard:
- Sturdy shoes
- Clothing suitable for the weather
- Sun and rain protection
- Sufficient supplies of food and drinks, as there are not always refreshment stops or shops available or open everywhere.
- Even though the paths are very well marked throughout, it is always advisable to carry a suitable hiking map for safety reasons, so that you can quickly find your way to a safe area in the event of a thunderstorm or emergency, for example.
- 7 Waypoints
- 7 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others