- Always act with foresight, kindness and consideration towards everyone you meet along the way.
- Respect nature, do not destroy plants and always stay on the paths.
- Try to avoid excessive noise and leave the forest before dusk.
- Remember to bring a rubbish bag for the road and take rubbish home with you.
- Please keep your dog on a lead at all times. Other visitors and animals will thank you.
- For your own safety, observe all road closures.
- Park only in designated parking areas.
- Leave space for emergency vehicles and agricultural machinery.
- Please give priority to agricultural and forestry traffic.
Rest stopsPizzeria Venezia
Café Piccolo (Backhaus Ehrat)
Restaurant Bürgerstube im Gemeinschaftshaus
Safety informationIn general:
Especially in autumn, also be aware that leaves lying on the ground can hide bumps, roots, stones or holes in the path. After thunderstorms or rainstorms, trees can still fall over or branches can fall down afterwards. Especially in adverse weather conditions, muddy and slippery passages can occur on natural paths. Not all rocks or precipices are secured with ropes or railings. Surefootedness is required in places. You have to expect this type of path impairment when you undertake a hike. If you are of the opinion that certain sections of the trail are not passable for you, you should avoid them.
We endeavour to announce on this platform any closures that occur due to forestry work or hunting parties. Nevertheless, there are situations where trails are closed and we may not have been informed. If you unexpectedly encounter a trail closure or diversion, please follow the instructions for your own safety.
By roadTravel information by car:
Coming from Neustadt an der Weinstraße (A65): Exit Neustadt/Weinstr. Nord, then follow the B39 to Lambrecht (Pfalz) - railway station.
Coming from Kaiserslautern (A6): Take the Enkenbach-Alsenborn exit, then follow the signs to Fischbach/Bad Dürkheim. Follow the B48 until the turn-off to Bad Dürkheim. Then continue on the B37 in the direction of Bad Dürkheim / Neustadt a. d. Weinstr., in Frankenstein follow the B39 to Lambrecht (Pfalz) - railway station. There are parking facilities at the station.
ParkingParking is available right next to the train station in Lambrecht (Pfalz).
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentFor our hiking tours we recommend the following equipment as standard:
- Sturdy shoes
- Clothing suitable for the weather
- Sun and rain protection
- Sufficient supplies of food and drinks, as there are not always refreshment stops or shops available or open everywhere.
- Even though the paths are very well marked throughout, it is always advisable to carry a suitable hiking map for safety reasons, so that you can quickly find your way to a safe area in the event of a thunderstorm or emergency, for example.
Weather at the route's trailhead
- 10 Waypoints
- 10 Waypoints