Bled Castle (Blejski grad)
Turizem Bled Verified partner Explorers Choice
- Your camera is a must if you plan to visit Bled Castle!
- There is an entrance fee to go into Bled Castle.
Rest stopsVila Prešeren
- The footpath leading up to the castle is well maintained and safe, but one should be careful when treading on the cobbled path from the parking area leading to the entrance to the castle, as it tends to be slippery when wet.
- Leaning over the wall at the castle’s courtyard is strictly forbidden!
Tips and hintsTIC INFOCENTER Triglavska roža Bled
Ljubljanska cesta 27, SI – 4260 Bled
E-maili: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Tel: +386 (0)4 5780 205
Web address: http://www.bled.si ; http://www.tnp.si
TIC - Turistično Društvo Bled
Cesta svobode 10, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel: +386 4 5741 122
Web address: http://www.td-bled.si/
Bled Castle - Bled Culture Institute
Cesta svobode 11, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel.: +386 (0)4 5729 782
Web address: http://www.blejski-grad.si/
LAKESIDE PROMENADE - ST MARTIN’S CHURCH – BLED CASTLE – LAKESIDE PROMENADE
Start at the Lakeside Promenade and follow the road leading to the church, where next to the Prešeren Monument you take the wide paved footpath leading to the square in front of St Martin’s Church. At this point you turn left across the carpark and on to Rikli’s Path leading to the castle. After a couple of minutes, you will see the crossroad and move upwards to the carpark beneath the castle. There you will cross the drawbridge and take the steep paved path to the castle’s entrance (entrance fee!) From the castle you return to the carpark and there take the right turn downwards onto ikli’s Path; at the crossroads you take the right turn again, downwards all the way to the paved walkway above the Public Lido. Turn left and after a couple of metres take the right turn downwards to the boat house and along the lake back to the Lakeside Promenade.
You can take the bus, or travel by train to the nearby railway stations of Bled Jezero or Lesce-Bled. For more info visit our website: http://www.bled.si/en/how-to-get-here
The walk starts and ends at the Bled Lakeside Promenade, which is 200 m from Bled’s main bus station.
By roadYou can get to the starting point in Bled by car from Lesce (Ljubljana-Karavanke motorway exit) or from other regional roads from Bohinj or Jesenice.
ParkingThere are several public pay carparks in Bled: http://www.bled.si/en/how-to-get-here .
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- Light hiking shoes or sneakers are recommended.
- The use of sun protection is recommended on sunny days.
- In the warmer part of the year the use of tick repellent is recommended.
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others