Nice easy hike from Predazzo to Malga Valmaggiore
The Valmaggiore trek is a great occasion for spending a day with the family at the feet of the wild Lagorai Range. The very easy forest road leading to the mountain dairy makes the route suitable for families with small children riding in push chair.
The Agritur (farmhouse inn) located at the bottom of the clearing of Valmaggiore is a good rest stop for this brief excursion. Children are always attracted by the sight of the cows, horses and donkeys grazing near the mountain dairy.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Useful: telescopic walking sticks