A panoramic terrace at 3000 m above sea level...
Rifugio Maria al Sass Pordoi is located on top of Sass Pordoi, at an elevation of 2950 m. It is comfortable to reach by the cablecar which starts at Passo Pordoi, or with a nice walk that makes its way through the Dolomitic pinnacles of the massif.
Don’t miss the opportunity to go as far as Rifugio Boè. The walk takes place in a majestic Dolomitic context.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
SS48 delle Dolomiti, until Passo Pordoi.
The Passo Pordoi parking area.