In the heart of the Sassolungo Massif.
Rifugio Friedrich August is located at the feet of the Cinque Dita pinnacles, Punta Grohmann, and Torre Innerkofler, authentic natural wonders.
Seize the opportunity to follow the “Friedrich August” trail, which runs at the feet of the fabulous Sassolungo and Sassopiatto ranges. The name is derived from a traditional belief that the path was created by King Friedrich August himself.
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Being south-facing, on this trail it is necessary to carry enough drinking water, especially on hot summer days.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes, telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
SS48 delle Dolomiti.
Campitello di Fassa. Parking area at the entrance to Val Duron.