Note on the tour: Attention, from Alp Praditschöl there are no more signposts.
Alternative: Take the detour via Alp Astras (mountain inn) and back through the God da Tamangur, Europe's highest stone pine forest, to Plan d'Immez. At point 1'994 change to the left side of the river and follow the path to S-charl.
Safety informationThe tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be mandatory before the tour start. This hike requires Alpine experience, orientation skills in pathless terrain, hiking boots and hiking equipment.
144 emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Tips and hintsscuol-zernez.com
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela pass to Scuol. The summer village S-charl can be reached from Scuol in about 25 minutes.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of Scuol and then also turn into the side valley Val S-charl.
- Due to the partly narrow road conditions we recommend the journey from Scuol to S-charl
- Public parking in Scuol (for a fee) and San Jon (free of charge) as well as in S-charl (for a fee, 1 day approx. CHF 5.-)
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentGood shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, first aid kit, food.
Carry Swisstopo map 25'000 (S-charl) and good orientation required.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.