Listen to the heartbeat of the Pala Group
The Rifugio Giovanni Pedrotti alla Rosetta is located on the large Rosetta Plateau, in the heart of the Dolomites of the Pala Group.
We strongly suggest the climb to the nearby Cima Rosetta (2743 m), which you can reach along a marked trail from Passo della Rosetta. It takes about 25 minutes. From the peak, you can enjoy a spectacular view.
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
The Col Verde - Passo della Rosetta path is not technically difficult. However, it takes place in a rocky environment between Dolomitic outcrops, ramps, and ledges. So some sections may be exposed, even though they are generally well protected with parapets and metal handrails. We would advise against attempting this route for people who are not familiar with exposed mountainous terrain. For expert hikers, it will be a true joy.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
You reach San Martino di Castrozza along road SS50. Above the town, you will easily find the parking area for the Colverde ski lift facility. You can take the ski lift up to Colverde (1965 m).
Col Verde (1965m).