Beware of dangerous midday heat!
Only for experienced mountaineers!
Since the hiking route to the Riemannhaus is exposed to the sun, chose your starting time accordingly and beware of hiking in the midday heat. Take enough water for all hikers in your group. Use sunscreen and cover your head. Due to the exposed, steep and rocky terrain this tour is only recommended for experienced mountaineers.
Tips and hints
Stop - off points:
Coming from Saalfelden, drive to the city center of Maria Alm. Pass the valley station of the cable car Dorfj@t, follow the road approximately 400m, then take a turn left and cross the brigde. Keep right and then straight ahead until you reach the car park Sandten, there is the starting point of the hike.
ParkingParking spaces are available at the starting point of this tour, the "Sandten" car park in Maria Alm.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Equipmentalpine boots, backpack, hiking map, water, hiking poles
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.