The trail now climbs steeply to Wannenkarsattel (2.916 m). Fantastic views of the crystal-clear Lake Wannenkarsee. The trail leads along the ridge to Wilden-Röte-Spitze (2.966 m), the highest point of this panorama trail.
Continue to Rotkogl (2.894 m) and via Hinterer and Vorderer Brunnenkogl to Brunnenkoglhaus (2.738 m). Some parts of the trail use steel cables for protection.
Safety informationSure-footedness and a good head for heights are required!
For experienced mountaineers that are free from vertigo & surefooted, Very good physical condition, mountain experience & mountain equipment (see notice equipment) necessary, such as alpine security material, good weather conditions recommended. Please pay attention to the current weather report:
Tips, hints and linksMore details about hiking in the Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereObergurgl-Hochgurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl:
- Parking garage center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right) chargeable | € 2,00/hour
- Parking garage entrance to the valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)