Hiking the extension of the Via Dinarica White Trail in Kosovo (2018). For more information check out my website, EVAdinarica Project.
"The Kosovo part of the Via Dinarica Trail extends for 120 km through the “accursed mountains” National Park in western Kosovo. The trail is composed of seven sections of medium difficulty with breathtaking views, high peaks and many mountain springs along the marked path. (…) The Kosovo part of the trail connects with the regional Via Dinarica Trail in Albania through Dobërdol reaching the highest peak of the Dinaric Alps, Maja Jezercë (2694m).” – Via Dinarica Kosovo
For this tour on Outdooractive I changed a few sections, because I didn't want to bother you with (all) my detours. The route as you see it here stays up in the mountains as much as possible. It sometimes overlaps with the Peaks of the Balkans trail - those are the "busy" parts - and there are lots of other hiking trails which are marked exactly the same, but at the beginning of every stage you'll find an information table with the map and a short description.
I also uploaded my day stages seperately. You can find them in this list:
- If you're sleeping in a tent, there's no reason to go all the way down to the villages to find accommodation. I did add some guesthouses, but I would surely recommend to camp. Often the guesthouses also have a place for tents or they simply don't mind if you put your tent up somewhere nearby.
- In case you'd like to stay in mountain huts, do call ahead, because they're usually not open unless it's weekend.
- Have a look at this guide book for additional information about the Via Dinarica Trail in Kosovo, Prokletije
Rest StopPushim dhe Pije
Te Liqeni restaurant & guest house
Rudi Guesthouse Bogë
Restaurant Te Kulla
Tips and hints
- Ik zag twee beren blog
- Koekeloeren blog
- Met Botte en Ype in de tent blog
- Rode schapen, dikke BMW's en heel, heel, héél veel afval blog
English trail stories
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region: