This is a beautiful one day hike via several peaks on Volujak Mountain - stunning scenery and magnificent views over Dinaric Alps in BiH and Montenegro.
Distance 14.5 km
This is one day beautiful hike via Badnjine, Studenac and Veliki Oštrikovac peaks.
This tour offers stunning and rewarding views .
Update: October 19, 2016
Safety informationFirst climbing part is rocky, so be aware of the hikers coming after you.
Tips and hintsFirst part of the trail all the way up to the peak of Badnjine is not marked, so if not comfortable with take, we advise you to take a mountain guide with you. Contact local Mountain Club "Volujak" from Gacko or Sutjeska National PArk Staff for more information.
Getting thereIf coming from Sarajevo, take a bus to Foča, where you can take a cab to TJentište. If coming from Montenegro direction, take a bus to Foča, via Gacko and Čemerno.
ParkingThis is not the round tour, so if you leave your car in Borovno, you will need a transport after descend at Papin do.
34T 307942 4793089
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentDress in layers and bring hiking equipment depending on the weather.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view