La Roda della Paganella: it doesn’t get any higher
Reach the peak of the Paganella and be amazed by one of the most extraordinary horizons you may ever happen to see.
Rifugio La Roda is located right on top of the Paganella peak. The 360° view embraces all the main mountain ranges of the North-East, and affords a superb view of the entire Brenta Dolomites Group and of Lake Garda.
The mountain hut is comfortably reached using the ski lift facilities. This means anybody can reach the peak. In this case, once you reach Doss Pelà (1780 m), you follow a short section to the left, to the ski lift that leads to the top of the Paganella (2125 m).
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
The Western face of the Paganella is rather dry and has no taps. Don’t forget to put water or isotonic drinks in your backpack.
Hiking boots/shoes, jacket, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
You can reach Andalo along roads SS421 or SS64.
Ample parking at the Andalo - Doss Pelà ski lift.