A hike from Valbona Valley NP, through Prokletije, Thethi NP to Rikavačko Jezero in Montenegro.
This is what I hiked, so it includes all the wrong turns I took AND the struggle to find a decent path to cross the border from Vermosh to Montenegro. On the other hand, it also shows the route from Vermosh to Rikavačko jezero, which I strongly recommand to take!
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentFor climbing Maja Jezerce ice axe and crampons might be needed, check the conditions
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.