An idyllic route through the stunning landscapes of the New Forest around the village of Sway.
Distance 14.7 km
An enjoyable family-friendly cycle, this ride showcases the very best of the New Forest’s landscapes. The cycle is predominantly an off-road route on dedicated gravel tracks starting and finishing at Sway Railway Station. It takes you past Setthorns campsite and along a disused railway track. For little ones the route can easily be shortened to provide 3.5 miles of cycling (see direction #10).
SZ 27583 98437
30U 597978 5626821
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view