Nice and easy winter trail to walk on snowshoes or riding a fatbike near Ruka village.
Easily accessed trail for snowshoe walk or fatbike ride. The trail runs partly same route as the , taking a shortcut by the Hirsilammit ponds.
Mostly steady and easy trail, but it's depending on snow conditions.
- Trail is marked with red, thin plastic poles
- This is a circle route and it's 4 km long
- The trail is not illuminated
- There are no resting places by the route
- The trail is not illuminated. Darkness comes early and suddenly from November to February so make sure your bike has lights.
- Depending on snow conditions, this trail might be difficult and sinking.
- Read the arcticle on how to dress right to enjoy the winter in Finland.
- The trail is maintenanced with a snowmobile.