Discover the old and historical villages around the route. What is more, this route is very sunny and is usable from the beginning of spring.
Distance 21 km
From Albinen, take a parallel road that goes steeply to Tschingere and St. Barbara. From Leuk, a small part of the circuit is located on the main road towards Erschmatt. At Lichten, you leave the main road and climb towards Guttet. After a 500 metre ascent, you can take a shortcut from Guttet to Thel and climb the last hill through the forest to Albinen.
Have a break in Leuk and visit the castle restored by the swiss architect Mario Botta. You will enjoy a breathtaking view on the Rhone Valley.
AuthorMy Leukerbad AG
Update: November 12, 2021
Safety informationUse marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through. Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority. When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability. All riding is at one’s own risk.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Basel/Zurich: A1 motorway until Bern, A6 until Spiez, in the direction of Kandersteg; Car transport Kandersteg-Goppenstein; in the direction of Gampel; Leuk.
From Geneva: A1 motorway until Lausanne; in the direction of Sion/Sierre; Leuk.
From Milan: Motorway A8/A26 in the direction of Simplon; car transport Iselle-Brig; in the direction of Leuk.
ParkingFollow the car-park routeing
32T 395542 5129505
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentWe recommend: bike in excellent working order, helmet, gloves and bell, clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof), food and drink.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view