On this last really sporty stage of the GTMC, you go slaloming along alternating tracks and paths taking you down the final southern slopes of the Massif Central.
Distance 59 km
You then plunge into an ocean of vines as you ride to the lovely little town of Pézenas, closely linked to the great 17th-century French dramatist Molière. There are lovely views over to the Pic de Vissou, guardian hill at the centre of the French county of Hérault, plus panoramas across vine-covered plains to the Med, and even to the Pyrenees on clear days. What with the vines and olive trees, the lovely stone villages and the wineries, you really feel you’ve reached the South of France!
Update: April 15, 2021
Tips and hintsGTMC website
31T 534319 4830439
The mountain bike as you wish! but...
- Take the marked paths for your safety and respect the direction of the routes
- Don't overestimate your abilities and stay in control of your speed
- Be careful and courteous when passing or crossing hikers as pedestrians are a priority
- Check the condition of your MTB and provide supplies and repair accessories
- If you are going alone, leave your itinerary with your friends and family
- Wearing a helmet is strongly recommendedRespect private property and cropping areas
- Beware of agricultural and forestry machinery
- Close the barriers
- Avoid wild picking of flowers, fruits and mushrooms
- Do not disturb the tranquility of wild animals
- Keep your garbage, be discreet and environmentally friendly
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view