Next, enjoy magnificent views from a balcony of a stretch of track, the panorama sometimes opening up to the south, sometimes to the north, with the Margeride area you may just have cycled through.
While the route doesn’t take in the summits of the Mont Lozère themselves, you pass close by, before reaching the Col de Finiels, a pass at one of the highest points along the whole of the GTMC – 1,541m above sea level.
Enjoy the lovely pastoral atmosphere along this stage, taking you through isolated hamlets, the high summer pastures close to the source of the Tarn River, and the first stretches of the Tarn, marked by waterfalls and water holes.
Finally, you arrive at the character-filled village of Le Pont de Montvert.
Safety informationEmergency call : 112
Tips, hints and links
More details on our dedicated website
The mountain bike as you wish! but...
- Take the marked paths for your safety and respect the direction of the routes
- Don't overestimate your abilities and stay in control of your speed
- Be careful and courteous when passing or crossing hikers as pedestrians are a priority
- Check the condition of your MTB and provide supplies and repair accessories
- If you are going alone, leave your itinerary with your friends and family
- Wearing a helmet is strongly recommendedRespect private property and cropping areas
- Beware of agricultural and forestry machinery
- Close the barriers
- Avoid wild picking of flowers, fruits and mushrooms
- Do not disturb the tranquility of wild animals
- Keep your garbage, be discreet and environmentally friendly