A trail completely natural and tricky to ride
Distance 3.7 km
You can reach the trail either by means of the Langwied lift station on the Kitzsteinhorn (please note: involves a short climb) or via the Maiskogel/Astenweg. The Bachler Trail ends at picturesque Klammsee lake. From there, a road brings you back to the valley station of the Kitzsteinhorn Gletscherjet as well as in the direction of Kaprun to the valley station of the MK Maiskogelbahn.
AuthorZell am See Kaprun
Update: June 08, 2022
Rest stopsBergbahn- Gletscherbahnen Kaprun AG
Safety informationThe signposted route regulations are to be followed when riding the mountainbike trails.
The routes range from technically difficult to used trails, which means that control over one´s bike and technical ability are required.
Apart from the joy of mountainbiking, one should not forget the dangers present in alpine terrain: an appeal for personal responsibility:
- Mutual consideration between bikers and hikers
- Give hikers the right of way on narrow paths.
- Protect and respect plants and animals
- Please do not leave any litter behind in Mother Nature
- Avoid noise and unnecessary skid marks
- Always expect to meet agricultural and forest motor vehicles
- Only ride as fast as it is possible to stop at any time
- Expect wild animals, domestic animals or livestock to be on the trails
- Respect prohibitive signs and information boards
- Only ride with technically sound bikes
- Ride according to your ability and the condition of the trail
Tips and hintsMore information at the official Kizsteinhorn website
The trails on the Kitzsteinhorn are open from mid June to mid September.
Outside of these times, closed for the wildlife dormant season.
33T 327026 5234065
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentThe routes range from technically difficult to used trails, which means that control over one´s bike and technical ability are required.
Schlechtwetter Bekleidung, Tool und Reserveschlauch nicht vergessen
- 7 Waypoints
- 7 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view