Tour along the outskirts of the Venetian Slovenia with wonderful views of the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region and the Julian Alps. This tour is mostly routed along paved roads (also along the layout of Giro di Italia 2016 and 2020), however, the last section is routed along a gravel road.
Distance 23.7 km
This circular cycling tour is appropriate for e-cyclists as well as demanding trekking/gravel cyclists. The tour includes many small ascents and descents and offers splendid views. It is almost mandatory to stop in the village of Prossenicco (Prosnid) where you can taste genuine flavours of the Venetian Slovenia and refresh yourself with genuine cappuccino. You can also visit a museum and a gallery exhibiting old photographs. The return to the village of Robidišče is routed along a gravel road and requires the use of good tyres, especially because of the large rocks.
We recommend you to stop in the village of Prossenico (Prosnid) in the Al centro inn or at the Brez meja agrotourism farm where you can refresh yourself with delicious home-made gnocchi.
Update: December 05, 2020
Safety informationThe road is safe and the traffic is low, however, you will come across potholes at certain sections of the paved road.
Tips and hintsThe last section of the tour is routed along a gravel road where you come across large rocks, which is why we advise you to use good MTB tyres.
Getting thereRoad access to the starting point; from Kobarid, drive 17 kilometres to the west.
ParkingParking is available next to the stables in the village.
33T 377774 5119191
EquipmentIn cold weather we advise you to wear gloves and warm clothing.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view