During the summer months, you can freshen up in the Nadiža River, which is the warmest Alpine river, whilst during the winter months, we recommend you to wear warm clothing because certain sections of the tour lie in the shadow. All along the trail you will be able to see varied vegetation
There is a grocery shop in the village of Breginj, however, you have to check out the opening hours in advance. The same applies to inns, museums and galleries.
Remember to bring identity documents.
Safety informationThe trail is safe and the traffic is low. The gravel section requires caution.
Tips and hintsVisits to galleries and museums.
Getting thereThis tour starts in Robidišče. You can reach this village by car.
ParkingParking is available in the villages of Robidišče, Breginj or Prossenicco (Prosnid).
EquipmentSomewhat robust tyres and warm clothing during the winter.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.