Explore Avallon’s historic centre, then descend on your mountain bike, via steep terraced gardens, to follow the Cousin upstream, cycling along its wild, steep-sided valley. Continuing south through hedge-divided fields, you reach the Lac du Crescent, one of the six ‘great lakes’ of the Morvan Range.
After the dam at L’Huis Raquin, enjoy a detour of under 5km (there and back) to admire the imposing Château de Chastellux, dating back to the 11th century. This stage offers a solid introduction to the granite range of the Morvan Hills!
Emergency call : 112
Tips and hints
More details on our dedicated website
The mountain bike as you wish! but...
- Take the marked paths for your safety and respect the direction of the routes
- Don't overestimate your abilities and stay in control of your speed
- Be careful and courteous when passing or crossing hikers as pedestrians are a priority
- Check the condition of your MTB and provide supplies and repair accessories
- If you are going alone, leave your itinerary with your friends and family
- Wearing a helmet is strongly recommendedRespect private property and cropping areas
- Beware of agricultural and forestry machinery
- Close the barriers
- Avoid wild picking of flowers, fruits and mushrooms
- Do not disturb the tranquility of wild animals
- Keep your garbage, be discreet and environmentally friendly
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints