Via Dinarica White Trail
Via Dinarica Verified partner Explorers Choice
Predjamski gradPhoto: Elma Okic, Via Dinarica
Be patient, stage tour descriptions are coming soon!
Track typesShow elevation profile
Rest stopsMountain lodge Schlosserov dom
Salon and restaurant Lovre
Caffe bar Bukovica
Household and Campsite Mesic
Motel Snježna kuća
Ljetna bašta Restaurant
Hitko Rafting Neretva
Ban Vir Etno Village
Ljetna bašta Restaurant
Mountain house Natura AS
Mountain Hut Umoljani
Umoljani Village Hut
Mountain lodge Vrela, Tušila
Oko Treskavice Household
B&B Simović Guesthouse
Grocery Store Flora
Grocery Store Nina
B&B at Lalovic family
Mountain hut Džambas
Eco katun Vranjak
Kafana Krčma Trešnjevik
Bar for Komovi Fans
Bujtina “KAFE NATYRA”
Cafe bar Relax
Kafe Zef Deda Gjela
Bar kafe Rragami
Quku i Valbones : Rilindja Alpine Rooms
Safety informationNote that some areas in Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina are still suspected to be contaminated with landmines and unexploded ordnances from the last war. Check the stage trail descriptions for more information!
- Via Dinarica Slovenija Postojna via Snežnik to Prezid (ID 17236133)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-01 Prezid - Čabar - Tršće (ID 15085364)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-02 Tršće - Sveta gora - izvor Kupe - Crni Lug (ID 15948208)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-03 Nacionalni park Risnjak (ID 15948304)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-04 Gornje Jelenje - Fužine (ID 15948472)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-05 Fužine - Mrkopalj (ID 15948550)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-06 Strogi rezervat Bijele i Samarske stijene (ID 15948691)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-07 Kapelskim planinarskim putom prema moru (ID 15957187)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-08 Spojni put Kapela - Velebit (ID 15957274)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-09 Senjsko bilo (ID 15957323)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-10 Nacionalni park Sjeverni Velebit I - Zavižan (ID 15957422)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-11 Nacionalni park Sjeverni Velebit II - Rožanski kukovi (ID 15957577)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-12 Od Alana u srednji Velebit (ID 15957706)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-13 Dabri i Dabarski kukovi (ID 15957781)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-14 Južni Velebit I - do Šugarske dulibe (ID 15966510)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-15 Južni Velebit II - do Stapa (ID 15966597)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-16 Južni Velebit III - do Struga (ID 15966765)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-17 Nacionalni park Paklenica (ID 15966852)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-18 Južni Velebit IV - Tulove grede (ID 15966982)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-19 Crnopac (ID 15967087)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-20 Gračac - Zrmanja - Krka (ID 15967183)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-22 Od Knina do Brezovca (ID 15967323)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-23 Put preko vrha Dinare (Brezovac - Dinara - Cetina) (ID 16008868)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-24 Spoj na livanjsku varijantu Bijele linije Via Dinarice (ID 16008920)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-26 Izvor Cetine - Peruča - Sinjsko polje (ID 16009036)
- Via Dinarica HR-W-27 Staza Gospi Sinjskoj (ID 16291930)
- Via Dinarica BH-W-01 Our Lady of Sinj Route (ID 17224574)
- Via Dinarica BH-W-02 via Grabovička planina to Bukovica and Duvanjsko polje (ID 16347579)
- Via Dinarica BH-W-03 Lib and Svinjar (ID 17302882)
- Via Dinarica BH-W-04 Vran Mountain and Blidinje Lake (ID 17302916)
- Via Dinarica BH-W-05 Čvrsnica mountain and Jablanica city (ID 17302945)
- Via Dinarica BH-W-06 Prenj Mountain (ID 17302956)
- Via Dinarica BH-W-07 Ruište and Boračko lake (ID 17302961)
- Via Dinarica BH-W-08 Neretva and Rakitnica Canyon to Lukomir village (ID 17302968)
- Via Dinarica BH-W-09 Visočica mountain to Ljuta (ID 17302987)
- Via Dinarica BH-W-10 around Treskavica Mountain to Kalinovik City (ID 17302995)
- Via Dinarica BH-W-11 via Lelija and Zelengora Mountain to Sutjeska National Park (ID 17303001)
- Via Dinarica BH-W-12 Donje Bare via Suha and Prijevor to Trnovačko Lake (ID 17303012)
- Via Dinarica BH/CG-W-01 Maglić to Pivska mounatin via Piva Canyon (ID 17303034)
- Via Dinarica CG-W-02 Durmitor Mountain (ID 17303054)
- Mountains of Montenegro - Žabljak via Sinjavina to Biogradska gora (ID 17303095)
- Mountains of Montenegro - Biogradska Gora via Bjelasica to Komovi (ID 17303171)
- Via Dinarica Montenegro - Komovi to Vermosh (ID 17303184)
- Vermosh to Gusinje (ID 17303195)
- Via Dinarica Prokletije - Bjeshket e Nemuna via Maja Jezerce to Theth (ID 17303206)
- Via Dinarica Albania - Bjeshket e Nemuna, Tethe to Valbona (ID 17303220)
Public transportThere are public transport accesses to trailheads of some stages. Check descriptions of the stages for details.
By roadCheck descriptions of the stages for details.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentStandard hiking equipment, also sleeping bag and mattress might be needed at some stages. Check the stage trail descriptions for more information!
Wanderreise zu den schönsten Nationalparks und entlang der Küste Dalmatiens von Zadar bis Split Wanderungen: 2 x leicht (3 - 4 Std.), 5 x moderat ...
- 45 Stages
Via Dinarica Slovenia is a long distance hiking trail, that will take you through one of the most interesting natural areas in Slovenia.
In the northern part of the region of Gorski kotar, north of the mountain area of Risnjak and the city of Delnice, there is a mountainous and ...
In the area from Tršće to Risnjak National Park, Via Dinarica follows the route of Gorski Kotar Hiking Trail. The trail is well kept and maintained.
Risnjak has a dominant position at the western end of the region of Gorski kotar, rising from the plateau of Gorski kotar as the final high peak, ...
In the area south of the Risnjak National Park, Via Dinarica continues across the area of Tuhobić. This elongated mountain with steep sides follows ...
The area between Fužine and Mrkopalj is mountainous terrain covered in forest and dominated by the mountains of Viševica and Bitoraj.
Kapela is a spacious mountain area at the southern end of the region of Gorski kotar, linking that area with Velebit and Lička Plješivica.
In the area where Velika Kapela approaches the sea, we come across one of the largest forest expanses in Croatia. There are no settlements in the ...
The most interesting phenomenon in this route stage is the group of rocks called Kolovratske stijene, offering a wonderful view towards the sea.
Northern Velebit extends from the mountain pass Vratnik with the Senj – Otočac road to the mountain pass V. Alan with the Jablanac – Krasno road, ...
The wider area of Zavižan, together with the sites of Rožanski kukovi and Hajdučki kukovi, is one of the most beautiful mountain areas in Croatia, ...
Rožanski kukovi and Hajdučki kukovi are a unique combination of rocky peaks in the middle of Northern Velebit, and one of the most beautiful karst ...
The wider zone of Alan is actually an area of several spacious grassland valleys and meadows, with picturesque peaks rising above, predominantly ...
Unlike the section of central Velebit to the north, which is higher, but also characterized by grassland peaks with gentle terrain, the ...
Even though Velebit is at its narrowest in its southern section, this is also the area of its highest peaks. When viewed from the Zagreb-Split ...
The section from Šugarska duliba to Stap offers genuine wilderness, with forest calm and tranquility dominating this wide area. The only ...
The area between Visočica and the peaks above Paklenica is not characterized by high peaks, and the key hiking destinations are oriented to the ...
The area of Paklenica is one of the most interesting karst areas of Velebit and Croatia. At the base of the series of the highest peaks of Velebit, ...
The southernmost part of Velebit, from Mali Halan to the Zrmanja River, extends for 40 kilometers in northwest to southeast direction.
Crnopac is the southernmost section of Velebit, and also one of the mountain's most attractive parts. This terrain has very pronounced karst ...
The area between the southern slopes of Velebit and the city of Knin has extremely low population density, and the key element of the route is the ...
Dinara is the highest mountain in Croatia, and one of the most picturesque mountains in Dalmatia and in the Dalmatian hinterland. Even though it is ...
Behind the Brezovac mountain hut, the marked trail continues to the peak of Dinara – the highest peak of Croatia. In 20 minutes, we reach the edge ...
The area of the Cetina River – the longest river flowing only in the territory of Croatia without either crossing or serving as a state border – ...
Route of Our Lady of Sinj is a pilgrimage trail used for centuries to access the largest pilgrimage site of Our Lady in southern Croatia on foot, ...
This first stage of the Via Dinarica hiking trail in Bosnia and Herzegovina follows the pilgrim route dedicated to Our Lady of Sinj.
An easy walk/ mountain bike ride with not so many spectacular views, but a glimpse into an amazing underground world.
This is the trail connecting Duvanjsko field and Blidinje Nature Park. It is less known as a hiking area, but there are great views of Duvanjsko ...
Good hiking with great views on Cvrsnica Mountain and Blidinje lake to the east, Ljubusa and Duvanjsko field to the west, and Radusa in the northwest.
The great hike over Cvrsnica, the highest Herzegovinian mountain. The trail follows Vilinac and Trinjaca ridge and descends to Jablanica city from ...
This is an epic hike over one of the most attractive mountains in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Prenj is an adventure including ascents to high peaks and ...
This is the mountain biking and hiking trail that goes from Ruiste to Boracko lake. It passes by two nice necropolises of Bosnian medieval ...
This hiking trail connects Boracko lake with Lukomir village along the canyon of Rakitnica. It offers great views of an impressive canyon and ...
A nice trail over the attractive ridge of Drstva and Vito descending to mountain hut Tusila. It continues to Puzim pinnacle and joins a new trail ...
This trail stage gets you from Ljuta to Kalinovik by hiking or mountain biking. The hiking tour goes over southern slopes of Treskavica and Lukavac ...
This is a great mountain hike through pristine nature over Lelija and Zelengora that includes three summits and and five lakes.
This trail connects Zelengora and Maglic. The hike from Suha brings you near to the borders of Perućica indigenous forest nature reserve, passes ...
Questions and answers
Photos from others