A walk which reveals a section of the forest reserve and its biodiversity as you climb through the centre of the valley. The path starts steeply as soon as you leave Lodano, so you quickly gain height. Navigate through the forest up to Castello and a large clearing with numerous rustici, a river and meadows. You continue climbing steadily deep into the valley up to the Alpe Casgèira. The path presents no problems and is well marked. The landscape changes, the fir trees indicating that you are at a higher altitude and the destination is approaching. In the distance, you can spot the cross standing in front of the refuge.
The self-catering refuge is open from mid-June to mid-October and is equipped with beds, a kitchen and a fireplace.
Book recommendations for this region:
- Trekking backpack (approx. 50 liters) with rain cover
- Comfortable and sturdy footwear, second pair of shoes / sandals if necessary
- Adequate and durable outdoor clothing in multiple layers
- Change of clothes
- Telescope sticks
- Sun and rain protection
- Snacks and drinking water
- First aid kit
- Mobile phone
- Travel documents
- Toilet bag and travel towel, travel detergent and clothesline, camping equipment if necessary (tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, cooking equipment), hut equipment if necessary