Stage 1: Intragna-Loco
Ascona-Locarno Tourism Verified partner Explorers Choice
Campanile di IntragnaPhoto: Rémy Steinegger
This hike from Intragna to Loco is actually known as Via delle Vose. Normally, however, it is walked the other way round. Intragna is a beautiful village, famous for its bell tower, at 65 metres the highest in Ticino. But the Regional Museum of Centovalli and Pedemonte is also worth a visit. The Via delle Vose is an old mule track on which the farmers of the valley brought their goods to the market of Locarno or to the port of Ascona in the Middle Ages. From Intragna, the first ascent leads to Pila, who prefers can take the cable car for this stretch. The trail continues via the small settlement of Vosa and from there down into the Onsernone Valley to Loco. In the charming village of Loco there is the ethnographic museum of the Onsernone Valley or the mill to see. The mill dates back to the 18th century and since 1991 corn has been ground into polenta flour using the old millstones.
Attention: The Intragna-Pila-Costa cable car is closed until further notice due to renovation work. Information is available at www.ascona-locarno.com/funivia-intragna or at our Info Desks.
Book recommendations for this region:
- Trekking backpack (approx. 50 liters) with rain cover
- Comfortable and sturdy footwear, second pair of shoes / sandals if necessary
- Adequate and durable outdoor clothing in multiple layers
- Change of clothes,
- Telescope sticks
- Sun and rain protection
- Snacks and drinking water
- First aid kit
- Mobile phone
- Travel documents
- Toilet bag and travel towel, travel detergent and clothesline, camping equipment if necessary (tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, cooking equipment), hut equipment if necessary
- 4 Waypoints
- 4 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others