Kayak trip through the Trough (Eagle Pass) on S. Branch of the Potomac ending at Wapacoma Campground.
Distance 30.8 km
Day trip through the trough on a Thursday or Friday and camp at Wapacoma Campground for the weekend.
17S 688240 4350813
Basic Equipment for Kayaking
- Durable, hard-soled footwear that allows water to pass through (preferably with neoprene uppers) Neoprene wetsuit and socks of suitable thickness
- Buoyancy aid (PFD)
- Buoyant kit bag and dry bags
- Sun hat
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Mosquito spray
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Quick-drying towel
Technical Equipment for Kayaking
- Paddle plus dismantlable spare
- 5 fathom long rope or chain in good condition and suitable for docking
- Measuring cup or sponge with a capacity of at least 1 liter
- Portable navigation light
- Spray skirt
- Bilge pump
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view