Kayak route from East Brisbane to a BBQ location at Minnippi Parkland – part 3 of a 4-part adventure!
Distance 30 km
Frankly, I'm a little worried we're not going to get the boats down the skinny little creek, but let's see how we go! We've planned to paddle with the incoming tide, so it may work out okay. I'll update the description post-paddle.
56J 504793 6960744
Basic Equipment for Kayaking
- Durable, hard-soled footwear that allows water to pass through (preferably with neoprene uppers) Neoprene wetsuit and socks of suitable thickness
- Buoyancy aid (PFD)
- Buoyant kit bag and dry bags
- Sun hat
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Mosquito spray
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Quick-drying towel
Technical Equipment for Kayaking
- Paddle plus dismantlable spare
- 5 fathom long rope or chain in good condition and suitable for docking
- Measuring cup or sponge with a capacity of at least 1 liter
- Portable navigation light
- Spray skirt
- Bilge pump
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view