The route takes you to the highest point of the Prealpine Ridge with Col Visentin (1763 m.) from where you can admire a breathtaking view of the Monti del Sole, the Schiara mountain Group in the foreground and the Marmolada, Civetta and Pelmo in the background. The itinerary, which starts from Nevegal, is on paved roads, dirt roads, wide paths and requires the right preparation for the difference in elevation gain. In order to avoid the first stretch of asphalt road, it is possible to go up with the vehicles along the wide hairpin bends and leave your trailer at the large car park near the Restaurant La Casera. It will be a unique experience that will fill your eyes with incredible beauty.
Safety informationFollow some simple rules and enjoy a great experience in the heart of nature:
- Plan your trip in advance
- Show respect for private property and the natural environment
- Always use safety equipment and check it in advance
- Follow the marked route and respect the bans
- Adapt the speed to your preparation and don't exceed your limits
- Do not scare animals
- Do not litter
- Always give way to pedestrians and let them know when you are approaching
- Do not ride at a dangerous speed
- Do not stop too suddenly or you might damage the soil
The practicability of routes in the Alpine foothills and mountain areas depends on the weather, the climatic phenomena and the environmental changes. For this reason, the information provided may be subject to change. Before you set off, find out about the state of the route by asking the local organisations, local experts and the tourist information offices on the website www.laviadelleprealpi.it. The local authorities and associations of the involved areas do not assume any legal liability for injuries or damages to people and things that may occur along the marked routes.
Tips and hintsDiscover this route and many others that cross all the Veneto Prealps from Lake Garda to the Cansiglio Forest on www.laviadelleprealpi.it
Getting thereIf you are travelling from Feltre you can take the SS50 road to Busche, then continue on the SP1 road in direction of Limana and proceed until Belluno. Turn right on Via Castelet and go up along the SP31 until you reach Piazzale Nevegal.
If you are travelling from Venice you can take the A27 motorway and exit at Belluno. Continue on the SS51 until Cadola, turn left and go up along the SP31 until Piazzale Nevegal.
ParkingPiazzale Nevegal, Alpe del Nevegal, (BL)
GPS Coordinates: 46.092039, 12.279362
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentEvery excursion requires specific clothing and equipment. Adequate equipment is always recommended in order to avoid unpleasant surprises related to the variability of the weather, the season and the condition of the soil that can cause unpleasant accidents. Make sure you always evaluate the type of route you are facing, the stopping points and any useful references in case of need.
The routes in the mountains can hide many pitfalls even for the most experienced ones, so make sure you never leave the marked trails, always warn someone where you are heading and when you expect your return.
The telephone number in case of emergency is 112.
Basic Equipment for Horse Riding
- Comfortable riding breeches / jodhpurs
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof riding boots
- Riding socks
- Riding gloves
- Protection against sun, rain or mosquitoes (Sun screen, sun hat, sun glasses, poncho, jacket, insect spray)
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- First aid kit for horse and rider
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks for horse and rider
Technical Equipment for Horse Riding
- Riding helmet
- Whip / crop
- Rear riding bag
- Front pocket
- Saddle pad
- Fitting saddle (or hiking type)
- Bridle with reins (or hiking type)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.