A flat itinerary along the banks of the Adige River. A circular route connecting Zevio to the Pontoncello Park through the cycle path named after Marco Pantani.
The route starts from the Sagramoso Villa, known as "the Castle", which is an imposing building whichonce had a military function and that is surrounded by a moat and provided with a tower, basements and agarden with fruit trees.
An itinerary leading us to discover the magic of the Adige River, the second largest river in Italy. Wefollow a flat route along a cycle path named after the Romagna champion Marco Pantani.
A flat routeleading to the Naturalistic Oasis of the Pontocello Park developed on the banks of the river. This is anideal place for a pleasant and interesting walk from a naturalistic, environmental and historical point ofview. A green lung along the Adige River where you can stop and admire the river in the different restand picnic areas.
The itinerary, which can be covered all year round, is highly recommended during the second and thethird week of July on the occasion of the Festival of Santa Toscana, and the second week of October during the Apple Festival.
Enjoy a stop in the Pontoncello Park to spend a relaxing moment listening to the flowing waters of the Adige River, the woods and the birds.
Remember to assess carefully the type of path you are going to take, the places you are going to visit and the current season. Did it rain? Caution! The paths will be much more slippery and therefore you will need to be very careful.
Be sure to tell someone where you are going and how long your hike is supposed to last.
112 is the telephone number for emergencies.
Local authorities and associations in the areas concerned do not assume any legal responsibility for any damage, or accidents, to people and things that may occur along the signposted routes.
- The itinerary is a dirt path in a floodable area, which can also be covered by bicycle; in some partsit looks like a cycle path
- It is recommended to keep a safe distance from the river banks and ditches
- Access during the flood is forbidden
RESPECT THE TERRITORY:
- Do not throw on the ground paper towels, cans, glass or plastic bottles, candy wrappers and much less cigarette butts or packs.
- Take your waste with you or wait until you find a litter bin.
- Respect the flora, fauna and crops, do not pick fruit or wild plants; they may have received phytosanitary treatments.
- Report any disorder or abnormal behaviour in the town hall.
Tips and hints
PRO LOCO ZEVIO
CONSORZIO PRO LOCO VERONA EST
ASS. STRADA DEL VINO SOAVE
Tel. 045 7681407
Getting thereIf you are travelling by motorway, the closest exit to the centre of Zevio is:
The Verona Est exit on the A4 Serenissima, Turin-Trieste motorway, 5,89 km from the centre
The Soave - S. Bonifacio exit on the A4 Serenissima, Turin - Trieste motorway, 10,25 Km from the centre
The Verona Nord exit on the A22 Brennero, Brennero - Modena Rocchette motorway, 18,77 Km from the centre
The Nogarole Rocca exit on the A22 Brennero, Brennero - Modena, 22,48 Km from the centre
ParkingPiazza Santa Toscana - Zevio (VR)
Book recommendations for this region:
Hiking requires suitable clothing and equipment. Even on relatively short and easy walks, it is preferable to be well equipped to avoid unpleasant surprises and to face unexpected events such as a sudden thunderstorm or a power outage: unexpected events are part of the fun as well!
What to bring while hiking:
- suitable carved-soled sports shoes
- good water supply according to your needs (from 1 to 2 litres depending on temperature, possibility of refuelling, duration of the trail)
- snacks (such as dried fruit or bars)
- wind and rainproof jacket
- spare t-shirt and socks
- sunscreen lotion
- gloves and hat during winter months
- GPX track to be uploaded on the mobile phone and used through specifically designed Apps (we strongly recommend View Ranger)