Rest stopsCamping Park Café-Restaurant "Haus am See
Gasthof-Pension Zum Seeweiher
- Wear sturdy shoes and suitable clothing that is suitable for the weather and protects you from the cold and wet or from the heat and sun.
- Take plenty of fluids with you. There are not many places to stop for refreshments.
- Please put on suitable hiking shoes on the way, which will give you sufficient grip even on slippery and steep or rocky and uneven paths.
- If you are of the opinion that certain sections of the path are not accessible to you then you should bypass this. Especially in adverse weather conditions, near-natural paths can lead to muddy and slippery passages.
- Especially in autumn, it is important to ensure that the leaves lying on the ground can cover bumps, roots, stones or holes in the path. You should expect this kind of obstacle to the path when you go on a hike.
- Although the path is consistently very well marked, you should always have a suitable hiking map with you for safety reasons.
Tips and hintsTourist Information
57627 Hachenburg, Germany
Tel .: 02662-958339
Getting thereFrom Hachenburg (north): We leave Hachenburg via Steinebacher Straße. At the end of the village we follow the L292 to Steinebach. In Steinebach we follow Mittelstrasse to the end of the village in the direction of Schmidthahn. In Schmidthahn we follow Weiherstraße and turn right outside of the village onto the K1 in the direction of Seeburg. A few meters further on, on the right-hand side, there is a parking lot opposite the "Haus am See" campsite.
From Selters (southwest): We drive on the L304 to Freilingen. In Freilingen we turn left into Hohe Straße. After Freilingen we turn right onto the L303, which we follow for about 2.5 kilometers, until we turn left onto the K1 and a short time later turn right to continue on the K1 for about 2.3 km to the parking lot ( left side) opposite the camping site "Haus am See".
From Westerburg (east): We leave Westerburg via Langenhahner Straße and turn right at the end of the street into the L288. We follow this street to Rotenhain, where we turn left into Bahnhofstraße. At the crossroads for we turn right onto the main road which turns into the K8. We follow this to Lochum. In Lochum we turn left into Alte Poststrasse and follow this to the exit from the village, where we continue on the L303 via Linden to Dreifelden. In Dreifelden we turn right at the first intersection into Kirchstrasse in the direction of Schmidthahn. We continue on the K2 and after approx. 1.9 km turn left onto the K1. After approx. 300 m we reach the parking lot on the right-hand side opposite the "Haus am See" campsite.
ParkingSteinebach an der Wied: Free car park opposite the Haus am See campsite, Steinebacher Straße 1, 57629 Steinebach an der Wied
Free parking at the Seeburg cemetery, Steinebacher Straße, 57629 Steinebach an der Wied
Dreifelden: Free parking at the golf course in Dreifelden, Steinebacher Straße, 57629 Dreifelden
Free parking lot at the entrance of Dreifelden, Steinebacher Straße, 57629 Dreifelden (opposite the parking lot of the golf course there is a street leading to the parking lot)
Steinen: Free parking space at the Steinen adventure playground
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- 12 Waypoints
- 12 Waypoints