Rest stopsMonastery gastronomy Marienthal
Guesthouse and Pension zum Nisterstrand
- Wear sturdy shoes and suitable clothing that is suitable for the weather and protects you from the cold and wet or from the heat and sun.
- Take plenty of fluids with you. There are not many places to stop for refreshments.
- Please put on suitable hiking shoes on the way, which will give you sufficient grip even on slippery and steep or rocky and uneven paths.
- If you are of the opinion that certain sections of the path are not accessible to you then you should bypass this.
- Especially in adverse weather conditions, near-natural paths can lead to muddy and slippery passages. Particularly in autumn, it is also important to ensure that the leaves lying on the ground can cover bumps, roots, stones or holes in the path.
- You should expect this kind of obstacle to the path when you go on a hike.
- Although the path is consistently very well marked, you should always have a suitable hiking map with you for safety reasons.
Tips and hintsTourist Information
Tel .: 02662-958339
Getting thereTo the Marienthal Monastery:
From Hachenburg (southeast): We leave Hachenburg via Graf-Heirich-Straße and the L288 and at the end of the street turn right onto the B413. We leave the roundabout at the second exit to take the B414 in the direction of Altenkirchen. We follow the B414 for about seven kilometers until we leave it after Kroppach to the right into Wissener Straße / L290. We follow this road for about three kilometers until we turn right in Eichehardt onto Siegener Straße / B256. We leave this street after about 200 meters to the left into Schulstrasse, which we follow later in Gartenstrasse. We follow this road out of the place where the road becomes the K42. At Racksen and Nassen we turn left. We follow this road for about two kilometers until we turn sharply right onto the K51. We follow this street until it becomes Marienthaler Straße, which becomes the street "Am Kloster", which leads us to the monastery.
From Altenkirchen (south): We leave Altenkirchen via Siegener Straße and then drive via L256 in the direction of Mammelzen. In Eichelhardt we turn left into Schulstrasse, which we follow later in Gartenstrasse. We follow this road out of the place where the road becomes the K42. At Racksen and Nassen we turn left. We follow this road for about two kilometers until we turn sharply right onto the K51. We follow this street until it becomes Marienthaler Straße, which becomes the street "Am Kloster", which leads us to the monastery.
Von Wissen (northeast): We leave Wissen via Koblenzer Straße and turn right onto the B62. After about two kilometers we use the right-hand lane to take the driveway to the B256 in the direction of Olpe. In Hamm we turn left into Thalhauser Straße (signs for Breitscheit / Seelbach). We continue to follow this road until it becomes the K50 and now follow the K50. At Breitbach we turn left onto the K51. We follow the K51 until shortly before the Marienthal monastery, where we turn into the street "Am Kloster".
To the Marienstatt Monastery:
From Hachenburg (southeast): We leave Hachenburg via the L288 and turn right onto the B413 at the end of the street. We follow this road to the roundabout, which we leave at the second exit onto the B414. After the roundabout, we turn right onto the K21 in the direction of Marienstatt, which we follow until we reach the parking lot.
From Altenkirchen (west): We drive on the B414 to the turning to Marienstatt (K21 / signs in the direction of Marienstatt). We follow this road until we have arrived in Marienstatt.
From Bad Marienberg (east): We leave Bad Marienberg via the L294 and turn left at the end of the street onto the B414. We leave this street at the turning towards Nister and Betzdorf. We follow the signs towards Betzdorf on the L288 until we turn left onto the K21 at the first intersection. Then we turn left again immediately to stay on the K21 and follow this road to Marienstatt.
From Betzdorf (north): We leave Betzdorf via the L288, which we follow to the exit to the right in the direction of Marienstatt. Now we are on the K21. To stay on this street, we turn the next left and drive to Marienstatt.
ParkingMarienthal: Free car park at the Marienthal Monastery, Am Kloster 13, 57577 Seelbach near Hamm (Sieg)
Marienstatt: Free car park at the Marienstatt Monastery, 57629 Marienstatt
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
- 11 Waypoints
- 11 Waypoints