Wäller Tour Eisenbachtal (round tour - premium hiking trail)
Westerwald - Ganz nach deiner Natur! Verified partner Explorers Choice
Bildches EichPhoto: Dominik Ketz, Westerwald - Ganz nach deiner Natur!
Rest stopsHistorisches Landhotel Studentenmühle
Restaurant in der Freimühle
Historisches Landhotel*** Studentenmühle
- In the winter months, the quality of the path may be impaired due to wood clearing work on individual sections of the path.
- Wear sturdy shoes and appropriate clothing adapted to the weather, which will protect you from cold and wet or heat and sun.
- Take enough liquid with you. It is not possible to stop for refreshments everywhere.Please put on suitable hiking shoes, which will give you sufficient grip even on slippery and steep or rocky and uneven paths.If you feel that certain sections of the path are not accessible to you, you should avoid them.
- Especially in adverse weather conditions, muddy and slippery passages can occur on natural paths.
- Especially in autumn, you should also be aware that the foliage lying on the ground can cover unevenness, roots, stones or holes in the path. You must expect this kind of path obstruction when you go on a hike.Although the path is very well marked throughout, you should always have a suitable hiking map with you for safety reasons.
Tips and hints
A hiking map and a hiking guide to the Wäller tours are available in the Westerwald-Shop.
Further tourist information under:Tourist Information Montabaur MunicipalityLarge market 12, 56410 Montabaur Phone: 02602/9502780, Fax: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.suedlicher-westerwald.de
The trail starts at the hiking parking lot directly at the Studentenmühle. The information board points to the main path as well as an excursion to the Bornkasten. Follow the markings of the access road, pass the camping site and turn left at the T-junction and continue towards the edge of the forest. The excellently marked path leads through the wonderful meadow landscape of the Eisenbach valley, always along the meandering course of the stream. From now on, its gentle splashing accompanies the hike through the valley. After about 3.5 km the Eisenbach Valley opens up as a meadow meadow into the Gelbach Valley. The path bends off to the north and then always leads along the Gelbach within sight. Soon the Holbachtal is reached. Here the path bends again and now leads steadily uphill further east towards the Steinernes Kreuz. According to the legend, two foresters fought a duel for the favor of a lady at this cross, which unfortunately ended fatally for both.
After a sharp bend, the path continues downhill to the small chapel "Bildches Eich". It passes under the Cologne-Frankfurt ICE line and then continues along the edge of the forest along the Holbach stream. At a crossroads, a final ascent is made. The path uphill is rewarded with a great view of the surrounding countryside. The parking lot at the Studentenmühle, starting point of the hike, is not far away and will soon be reached. The excursion to the Bornkasten is of particular charm. A steep climb leads past an interesting geological outcrop with fan-shaped basalt columns up to the summit. As a reward, there is a great panoramic view of the forests of Eisenbachtal, Gelbachtal and Montabaurer Senke.
Public transportBy train to ICE station Montabaur and then by bus to Girod with bus line 450 or 481 and to Nomborn with bus line 450.
Getting thereFrom Montabaur or Limburg via the L318. The exit "Eisenbachtal" with the sign for the campsite and the two mills is signposted. Follow the path along the "Freimühle" and the camping site to the hiking parking lot at the end of the road.
ParkingHiking parking lot at the historic country inn "Studentenmühle", Mühlenstraße, 56412 Nomborn
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Weather-adapted, functional clothing
- 8 Waypoints
- 8 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others